Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Loving the Recovery Shake

Again, I hate to make this into some lame blending blog, but hear me out

So, post-WOD fuel talks often surround around replenishing glycogen, building muscles with branched chain amino acids and whey protein, and proper hydration.  One aspect that is super hard to address is the acidic blood levels that arise after smoking yourself on a work out.  This blender finds that solution.  Throw tons of greens into your post-WOD drink and you are gravy.

I have only had a couple of chances to test this, but it seems to work well.  And it makes perfect sense: add hugely alkaline veggies to offset your lactic acid in your muscles.  Throw kale, protein, and carbs together and you have a complete package.  You can feel the rejuvenation within 15 minutes.  It is incredible.  I do not think it is psychological.  I think it is real and profound.

This (blender) has unlocked something in my brain.  And I am fighting to hold it back, but at least you all can learn from my obsessions.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, if you really really trust your meat source, you could try making jerky out of ground beef:
    http://cleochatra.blogspot.com/2009/05/beef-jerky-recipes.html

    ReplyDelete