Monday, April 12, 2010

Cornish Hens V. 2.0 of 3.0: The Grilled Beet

If you see this on a menu someplace, try it

I honestly do not know why I am still an engineer.  I'm clearly better at this than that.  This is the unlocked brain I've been talking about since The Blender.

Take two cornish rock hens, halve, and rub in 2 parts rosemary, 2 parts thyme, 1 part salt and 1 part pepper that was ground in a mortar and pestle.  Cook for about 15 minutes aside on a grill basting once per side with previously posted beet chocolate bbq sauce.  Sear.  Serve with some delish squashes.

I am shocked by the flavor combinations, this is truly inspired. 

Yes, it really was that purple (oh, beets stain everything, clean that shit up ASAP and don't wear white).

1 comment:

  1. This sounds awesome, and looks it too.
    I know why you're still and engineer, you would get bored if you just had one thing to concentrate on. I'm serious when I say that you should publish these recipes in a book. They are all incredible.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete