Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Paleo Mocha Cofffee

This is pretty easy, but I'm posting it since I will begin cooking with cocoa soon, this is the first step in a journey that may last a month. Also, I don't think I have posted another drink recipe since the Paleo Peach Tea months ago.

Anyway, I generally hate flavored coffee, but this was mild and not over powering.

Paleo Mocha Coffee
Fill standard drip coffee with as much plain coffee as desired (I like mine strong so I go for 5 scoops for 10 'cups' of coffee). Add a heaping tablespoon of pure, unsweetened cocoa to the grounds. Brew. Serve black, or iced.

The French press maybe the best all around cup of coffee, but I like to make a lot at a time with my drip system (don't get me wrong, it takes all kinds. I have a cafeteria (Italian stove top espresso maker), French press, and even some instant stuff). A rule of thumb on drip systems though: use a metal, reusable filter instead of paper filters. This ensures that you dont get a bunch of paper fibers and extra chemicals from the paper bleaching process in your brew, ensuring the best tasting coffee possible. Also, it just reduces waste, and you never run out of them.

1 comment:

  1. BOO! Bring back the pork paleo chili!

    I'm never opposed to using chocolate in anything, btw. I just feel the need to complain since you refuse to make my new favorite dish ever again.

    ReplyDelete