Monday, November 9, 2009

Mustard Garlic Chicken, w or w/o Coconut

This was a "Which way to go?" dish. I went both ways and I personally think the anti-coconut way was better. Maybe I'm biased from the month long Thai food kick I went on.

Take two chickens and dismember (1.17+1.20 PR for two chickens in one dismembering session, back to back, sub or at 1.20s is ridiculous especially when they were $0.59/lb from Ralphs). Season with salt and pepper. Coat in 3/2T curry powder + 2T dijion mustard. Rub with 17+ completely minced garlic cloves. Seperate chickens. Keep one chicken this way, sprinkle with crushed red pepper and bake.


Take other chickens and add two T coconut shavings (unsweetened). Bake along with other chicken for 40+ minutes at 400F.

For my $3.70, the one without coconut was much better. FYI.

No comments:

Post a Comment