Friday, November 6, 2009

Chocolate Chipotle Ribs

Think I like chipotle?

Chocolate Chipotle Ribs

Take two dried chipotle peppers, and a teaspoon of salt. Grind smooth in coffee grinder (I was using the M&P but the peppers aren't 100% dry, it would have taken me all night). Add back into mortar and pestle (M&P) and mix with ground black pepper, and crushed red pepper. Mix heaping T of cocoa powder. Rub liberally over 3 racks of Santa Barbara style ribs. Drizzle with chipotle oil, dust with cocoa powder. Roast at 300F for hours and hours.


I just threw this in post-nap, pre-sleep, so I am yet to give an appraisle. I ate all the beef ribs while napping (somehow), and we need cooked meat. ASAP. I have to have a stock of meat for breakfast tomorrow. This is it for me, I have to make them now. I woke up at 2:50am today, and I have to run the 1/2 marathon tomorrow morning. Ribs? Pre-WOD fat and protien filled nutrition (i.e 3+ hours prior). I bought a grip of clementines for real pre-WOD nutrition, and Craig hooked up the "Organic Gummy Bear Substitutes" for the race, its not a pizza or a double double, but chocolate ribs are funny enough, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment