Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Farmer Fresh to You! 2009-11-04

Here is this weeks box:
  • 2 Head of Broccoli
  • Bunch of Carrots
  • Lemon
  • Asparagus
  • Sunchokes (aka Jerusalem Artichokes) (What are they and what am I going to do with these beauties?)
  • 4 Tangerines (Here comes the citrus season! Hooray!) (I know I live in southern California where citrus is king)
  • Garlic
  • Cilantro
  • 4 Apples
  • 4 Tomatoes
  • Fingerling Potatoes
  • 2 Baskets of Raspberries
  • Onion

I love this service as you all know by now: best produce available, organic, local, delivered to your door, but most importantly, delicious. If any of you readers choose to get this service, take note of a few things:

  • Tomatoes must always be bought from these women. I never knew what a tomato tasted like. I never knew what it was like to eat tomatoes raw, or cooked, or... anything. They find the most delicious tomatoes that I could not even find in Italy. That is super huge props.
  • Apples. If I thought I had eaten apples from all over the earth, their apples must be from another planet. Never, ever, have I found better apples. Fuck, haven't we all been eating apples since we were three? Nothing close to these gems.
  • Carrots. I bet a lot of you would have thought I would have refused carrots, but truth be told, I eat 2 pounds per week of carrots, and when I can get them from FFTY, I always buy them. I almost always eat them raw when I get them from FFTY, they are that good.
  • Cruciferous Vegetables, fennel, potatoes, fresh basil, oregano, thyme, bizarre herbs like lemon verbana, and on and on. Seriously, they always deliver the best imaginable food.
Sure, some of the stuff is run of the mill, but there is home run after home run in each box.

Lisette and Carol
Farmer Fresh To You
805.469.7604
http://www.farmerfreshtoyou.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment