Monday, March 8, 2010

Red Cabbage Reprive


Welcome to the second guest creationist on KYFCU.com, Colly (Cole-ee), my roommate's girl friend!  Her given name is Nicole, but I like Colly better.  Anyway, I made that red cabbage slaw a few weeks back, which was based off of my buddy Drew's slaw, that I caught Nicole macking on in the kitchen.  And now we have a great, observable evolution of a dish.  Drew --> Brandon --> Nicole.  Hers was better.  Here how it goes:

Cabbage, scallions, cilantro, salt, pepper, red pepper, apple cider vinegar, with the requiste orange juice, but also with orange and mango slices.  I would cut them up finely too.  The added super sweetness was out of control.  It was like a bizarre vegetable dessert, if you can imagine such a bizarre thing.  I had the option of avocado too.  It would have been a good +fat +fiber choice.

Her version/vision opened my eyes to the cabbage-slaw potential: this could see a breakfast version soon, a picnic version, a BBQ version, a ...  This is a pretty strong dish, best to cut the cabbage super thinly next time.  Maybe let it sit for a few hours too.  This was a pretty cool evolution to witness. 

Addendum: Some people have started trying these recipes and are having some success like this story here.  If you want to, take a pic and drop me a line we can start seeing these evolutions and really start to learn about food here.

No comments:

Post a Comment