Thursday, August 13, 2009

Eggplant Ragu

Saute diced onion and minced garlic in spicy olive oil, add ground organic grass-fed beef and brown lightly. Season to taste. Throw in cubed eggplant and cut up oyster mushrooms, saute until soft. Add two types of tomatoes, grape tomatoes and diced early girl tomatoes, along with a small amount of unadulterated tomato sauce (make your own or buy the regular kind with salt in it). Saute until grape tomatoes are easily burst with a spoon, but not too easily.
This is taken from a pasta sauce, but modified into a main dish by reducing tomato sauce and increasing the veggies. Holy shit, it was just about as good as I could have hoped for.

2 comments:

  1. I'm gonna make this on my lunch break. Sounds good and I have all the ingredients. Is the fruit & veg delivery you get organic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey KTB, yes and no. I know that they try to get all organic and local and fresh, but I think some of the stuff isn't always organic. Like Driscoll Farms rasberries for example. It is all local though, the farthest away I've gotten anything from them was mangos from San Diego.

    ReplyDelete