Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Post WOD Fuel

So, in conjunction with my plan to lift more heavy things in an attempt to get stronger, people have been telling me to dial in my post work out food. I don't really know what I am doing with this, but the basics go like this in my mind:
  • Total carbohydrate intake depends on your level of destruction accrued during the Feet of Strength (FOS), the more the destruction, the more you need.
  • Given a level of lean-ness, you will be able to handle more carbs if lean, less if not-so-lean.
  • Take your post FOS fuel ASAP
  • Make it a "Fast digesting" carb source: sweet potatoes, bananas, milk (according to R. Wolf), and even Gatorade if desperate
  • Stick to strick Paleo when ever possible
  • Finish with post FOS protien with an hour, hopefully a protien source with parents

I don't know the exact amount I should be taking post FOS, but I'm dialing in around 60-80g. I made about 5 sweet potatoes + 3 persimmons + a little water, with cinammon and cloves, and a little coconut cream. Each serving is 350ish grams, or about 60g+ of carbs.

I'm planning on eating these post FOS.

2 comments:

  1. High level of CNS Recruitment: ie. heavy ass weights = eat more protien (40grams post wod)

    Lower Level of CNS Recruitment: ie. light weights, gymnastics for a light person, running = eat less protein (25-35 grams post wod)

    High Level of Muscle Fatigue/Damage: ie "Angie", "Barbara", "Know Pain, Know Gain" = eat more carbs (the leaner you are the more you eat...possibly up to 80-100grams post wod)

    Low Level of Muscle Fatigue/Damage: ie: "Clean, Find 1-Rep Max" = eat less carbs (again depends on leanness and goals)

    Post WOD Fuel = 45-60 Minutes, eat a balanced meal with meat/veggies/fat. Eat a big meal if you are trying to gain lean mass (this is not easy), Eat a smaller meal if your not.

    Try the CrossFit Football Omelet!
    http://robbwolf.com/?p=554

    ReplyDelete