Thursday, February 18, 2010

Heavy on the Sage Meatball Soup Featuring A Guest Cook!

HOTSMS - By Guest Creationist Stephanie Merino

Last Wednesday Steph took my veggie box off my hands, as I ordered it three weeks ago, but have been struggling to eat all my food since my new roommate doesnt eat my food like Jordan used to.  Anyway, she ended up with a bunch of celery, fingerlings, spinach (to her dismay), garlic, and an onion and asked me, WTF am I going to do with this b#llsh!t?  So I gave her this little recipe, and she made it, and it was good, and she even made it more paleo than my initial suggestion, so she gets to be the first guest cook!  This is a good one too, since it really is two dishes in one.

Heavy Sage Meatballs
I left this kinda up in the air in terms of how to make them.  I suggested tons of fresh and ground sage (i.e. more than bunch per pound of ground pork), almond meal, egg yolks, salt and pepepr to taste.  You could use bread crumbs, or other filler to make them out.  I suggest 'setting' the meat balls in an over (400F for 15-20 minutes) prior to adding it to the soup, but it looks like Steph added them to the crock pot and just cooked them in place.  Either way, all good things.

HOTSMS
Take 4 minced gralic cloves, an onion, the top leaves of a bunch of celery and sweat in olive oil.  Add a pound+ of diced fingerling potatoes (original calls for cannellini beans), 4+ cups of water, 2 bay leaves, and salt and pepper to taste.  Then, when close to service, I would add a bunch of cut up dark greens like kale, collard greens, or mustard greens (spinach in a pinch too).

1 comment:

  1. Whoa - I know a Stephnie Moreno. Could it be the same one?!

    ReplyDelete