Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Great Golden Beet Salad

Sorry I don't have a picture for this one, I honestly didn't think that I would get a post out of it, but I did, so here it is,

Golden Beat and Atrichoke Heart Salad
Take 4 or 5 golden beets, romove leaves, and clean.  Cut into bite size pieces.  Saute for 15-20 minutes in olive oil with lots of fresh cracked pepper.
Meanwhile, cut stems off of atrichokes, remove outer leaves and cut top off remaining leaves.  In a cup or two of Paleo Broth (celery salt, bay leaves, pepper), simmer/steam two whole artichokes (I eat them then save the hearts).

Cool both of those items.

Cut up a head of bib lettuce, throw it in a bowl with the cooled ingredients, cover with some lemon juice and my world famous Toasted Sesame Seed dressing. 

The CFO of my company tried this, and then came back 5 minutes later and ate my entire meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment