Friday, August 13, 2010

Rory's Blended Chicken

Ecto Cooler marinade

This is a classic of mine, refined and adapted. The story behind it is that when I was living in Iowa City with my brother Dustan, we went to the store with Rory (Dustan's friend) and he said he would buy dinner, if only I would cook something amazing. He got a habanero/ cilantro/ lemon/ garlic Rory's Special Chicken, consisting of only thighs, bone in and skinless (my personal favorite chicken piece). After a few iterations of this dish I had to start calling it Rory's Famous Chicken, as its number of followers grew. But since I was cutting it all by hand before, and it never looked anything like this, I have adapted the name: Rory's Blended Chicken. Pre-Presented to the world: Rory's Blended Chicken.

Blend:
  • 1 bunch cilantro
  • 3 habaneros
  • 3 serranos
  • 1/2 onion
  • 6 garlic cloves
  • lots of olive oil, as required (good luck)
  • white vinegar, as required (also)
  • Salt
Dismember two chickens and marinate over night in two bags. Barbecue over coals. Serve raw dog: meat only, it needs nothing else. (Notice: no lemon?)

Will we miss the lemon? Let's see what happens. My taster said that the up front taste is amazing and the back end heat is too hot. Let's see what happens when we cook it...

2 comments:

  1. Rory's Famous Chicken was delicious! How come you ditched the garlic and lemon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the lemon ditch was just an omission on my part. The white vinegar takes its place and I think did a good job. Hard to tell though, since its so fucking spicy I only had one piece (so far).

    ReplyDelete