Monday, July 5, 2010

Island Smoked Paprika Ribs

The food in Hawai'i has been not amazing

I think I like the carrots out here, but the food has been shitty. I've thrown away three meals in four days, so I gave up and we started making our own food. This rub is rad and since we are rocking the propane in a ridiculous anti-paleo household (think 40 pack of Ramen noodles, instant hot chocolate, etc.) this is a fantastic way to raw dog it.

The Smokey Paprika Rub
3T Dried onion
3t salt
3t smoked paprika
1t ground mustard
2t black pepper
2T ground sage

Now what I did was put these puppies in the oven for two hours at like 255-300F (started hot, cooled after 40 minutes). Then, finished then on a gas grill. Amazing. Take that HI food!

3 comments:

  1. Remember that IC "Hawai'ian" restaurant called 808? Was it actually more authentic than we thought?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, I talked to so many people today and this was the line "I've been paying a lot of money for a lot of bad food on this island."

    808 was less disgusting, somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should have packed the Vita-mix

    ReplyDelete